Ingredients (each serves 2):
Vegetable for Each Sauce:
- 5 oz. green beans (or your choice of vegetable)
- a pinch of salt for blanching
Miso Vinegar Aemono Sauce:
- 1 Tbsp. miso paste
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
Sesame Mayonnaise Aemono Sauce:
- 1 tsp. Neri-goma (Japanese white sesame paste or Tahini)*
- 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp. soy sauce
- a pinch of white sesame seeds
* You may find Neri-goma at an Asian market or Tahini at a Mediterranean market.
Boil water in a pot and add salt. Blanch green beans for 4 minutes.
Drain water and trim off ends then cut into bite size pieces.
Combine sauce ingredients in a large bowl, toss green beans and coat with sauce.