Adventurous Couscous Medley
[For 12 oz. Zojirushi Stainless Steel Food Jars]Ingredients (serves 1):
- 1/8 small onion
- 5 morel mushrooms, fresh or dried (rehydrate with water) (may substitute with 1.5 oz. oyster mushrooms)
- 1/2 carrot
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup green peas, fresh or frozen
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup couscous
- 2 tsp. dried parsley flakes
- 1 Tbsp. roasted pine nuts
[For 17 oz. Zojirushi Stainless Steel Food Jars]
- 1/6 small onion
- 7 morel mushrooms, fresh or dried (rehydrate with water) (may substitute with 2 oz. oyster mushrooms)
- 2/3 carrot
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup green peas, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup couscous
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. roasted pine nuts
*This recipe was developed for Stainless Steel Food Jars SW-EAE35/50. Adjustments may be required for making this recipe in other Food Jar models.
*Please make sure not to overfill the food jar with ingredients, as ingredients will expand with cooking, and may cause the lid to burst.
Preheat the Zojirushi food jar by pouring boiling water (not included in the ingredients list). Close the lid and allow to preheat.
Mince onion. Cut morel mushrooms in small bite-size pieces. Dice carrot into small pieces.
Place onion, mushrooms, carrot and green peas in a sauce pan. Add chicken broth, olive oil, salt, black pepper, wine vinegar and bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce heat to medium low and cook for two minutes.
Discard hot water from the food jar and add couscous.
Fill with ingredients from step 4 until 1 cm below the ridge. Close lid, allow ingredients to set for a minimum of 1 hour and up to 6 hours.
Add parsley, pine nuts and mix well before eating. Enjoy!
Make sure to consume within 6 hours to prevent from spoiling.