[For 12 oz. Zojirushi Stainless Steel Food Jars]Ingredients (serves 1):
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- 4 oz. beef stew meat, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup onion, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup carrot, peeled, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup daikon radish, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. soy sauce
[For 17 oz. Zojirushi Stainless Steel Food Jars]
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 1-1/2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 6 oz. beef stew meet, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/3 cup onion, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/3 cup carrot, peeled, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2/3 cup daikon radish, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1-1/3 cup beef broth
- 2/3 tsp. sugar
- 2/3 tsp. soy sauce
*This recipe was developed for Stainless Steel Food Jars SW-GCE36 and SW-EAE35/50. Adjustments may be required for making this recipe in other Food Jar models.
*Please make sure not to overfill the food jar with ingredients, as ingredients will expand with cooking, and may cause the lid to burst.
Preheat the food jar by pouring boiling water (not included in the ingredients list). Close the lid and allow to preheat.
In a saucepan, heat vegetable oil over medium heat and sauté beef for 2 minutes. Add vegetables to the pan and cook for 1 minute.
Add beef broth, sugar and soy sauce to the saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Skim the surface if needed. Simmer for 15 minutes.
Discard hot water from the food jar and fill with prepared soup from step 3 until 1 cm below the ridge. Close lid, allow soup to set for a minimum of 3 hours and up to 6 hours. The soup will complete cooking itself in the food jar.
Make sure to consume within 6 hours to prevent from spoiling.