Brown Rice with Salmon and Shiitake
Ingredients (4-5 servings):
To Cook in the Rice Cooker:
- 3 cups (rice measuring cup) short or medium grain brown rice
- Shiitake mushrooms stock, as needed (see below)
- 2 Tbsp. Japanese rice wine
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. mirin (sweet sake)
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Water to fill to water level 3 for "BROWN RICE"
- 1/4 oz. (7g) dried shiitake mushrooms, rehydrated and thinly sliced, reserve stock
- 0.37 lb. (168g) salmon, skinless and boneless
*This recipe was developed for Zojirushi Micom Rice Cooker & Warmers NL-GAC10/18 and NS-TSC10A/18 models. Adjustments may be necessary when using other models.
Measure rice accurately using the measuring cup that came with your rice cooker. Rinse rice quickly once, drain and place in the inner cooking pan. Add stock, rice wine, mirin, soy sauce, salt and add water to level 3 for “BROWN RICE.” Stir well with rice using the rice spatula.
Place rehydrated shiitake and salmon on top of the rice. Do not mix with rice. Level the surface and make sure the ingredients are submerged in water.
Cook the rice using the “BROWN” setting.
When rice completes cooking, gently fluff the rice using the rice spatula. Portion rice in individual serving bowls and top with stone parsley. Serve immediately.