Ingredients (4-5 servings):
To Cook in the Rice Cooker:
- 3 cups (rice measuring cup) Jasmine White Rice
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. curry powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2-1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. sake (Japanese rice wine)
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) chicken broth
- Water to fill to water level 3 for "JASMINE"
- 0.33 lb. (150g) boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup mixed vegetables
- Finely chopped basil, to taste
*This recipe was developed for Zojirushi Micom Rice Cooker & Warmer NL-GAC10/18. Adjustments may be necessary when using other models.
Measure rice accurately using the measuring cup that came with your rice cooker. Rinse rice quickly once, drain and place in the inner cooking pan. Add all spices, sake, butter and chicken broth and fill water to water level 3 for “JASMINE.” Stir well with rice using the rice spatula.
Place chicken thigh and mixed vegetables on top of the rice. Do not mix with rice. Level the surface and make sure the ingredients are submerged in water.
Cook the rice using the “JASMINE” setting.
When rice completes cooking, gently fluff the rice using the rice spatula. Portion rice in individual serving bowls and top with chopped basil. Serve immediately.