Cranberry & Rice Confetti Mix
Ingredients (serves 4):
To Cook in the Rice Cooker:
- 1 cup (rice measuring cup) long grain white rice
- Water to fill to water level 1 for “LONG GRAIN WHITE,” or 1-1/4 cups (rice measuring cup)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
To Add to Cooked, Cooled Rice:
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. grated ginger
- 1 orange
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
Measure rice accurately using the measuring cup that came with your rice cooker. Rinse rice quickly once, drain and place in the inner cooking pan.
Add water to
the corresponding water level for “LONG GRAIN WHITE,” or as listed in the
ingredients. Add salt and mix well. Cook the rice using the “LONG GRAIN WHITE” (if available), or the “MIXED” setting.
When rice completes cooking, gently fluff the rice with rice spatula, and spread out onto a large plate. Refrigerate to cool, about 30 minutes.
Peel and segment the orange. Reserve the juice.
When rice cools, add cranberries, almonds, green onions, cilantro, ginger, orange segments, orange juice, olive oil and toss gently.
Refrigerate for another 20-30 minutes for flavors to combine. Be careful not to over stir the rice, or it may become gluey.
Serve and enjoy!