Deconstructed California Roll
Ingredients (serves 4-6):
For Sushi Rice:
- 3 cups (rice measuring sup) short or medium grain white rice
- Water to fill to water level 3 for "SUSHI RICE"
- 4 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
To Prepare Separately:
- 12 oz. king crab leg meat, removed from shell, slice into bite size pieces
- 1/2 European cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1-2 ripe but firm avocados, peeled, stoned and thinly sliced
- 1 sheet nori (dried seaweed), cut into thin strips
Prepare sushi rice using the ingredients listed. For steps to making sushi rice, see here.
Portion sushi rice in bowls and arrange crab meat, cucumber and avocado on top of rice. Sprinkle nori strips and serve at room temperature.
Optional: Serve with soy sauce and wasabi.