Gluten Free Apple Walnuts Cake
Ingredients (for BB-CEC20):
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup (162g) vegetable oil
- 1-1/4 cups (185g) brown rice flour
- 1/3 cup (46g) potato starch
- 3 Tbsp. (21g) tapioca flour
- 1 tsp. (2.5g) xanthan gum
- 2 tsp. (7.0g) baking powder
- 1 tsp. (5.3g) baking soda
- 3 tsp. (6.0g) ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. (2.1g) ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. (5.6g) salt
- 1 cup (198g) sugar
When beeps sound, add:
- 2 cups (196g) fresh apples, peeled, thinly sliced and chopped
- 1/2 cup (55g) chopped walnuts
In a large bowl, mix the
dry ingredients (brown rice flour, potato starch, tapioca flour, xanthan gum,
baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, salt and sugar)
well with a whisk.
In a separate bowl, mix
eggs and vegetable oil well with a whisk. Make sure the kneading blade(s) are
properly attached and pour in the baking pan.
Add the flour mixture
from step 1 into the baking pan.
Place the baking pan in the Home Bakery,
close the lid and plug the power cord into the outlet. Select the CAKE course.
Set the crust setting to MEDIUM for BB-CEC20/BB-PAC20/BB-PDC20 model and
REGULAR for BB-HAC10 model. Press START.
When the add beeps
sound, open the lid and carefully scrape off any flour that may be left on the
side of the pan with a rubber spatula. Please be
careful if the kneading blade(s) is moving.
Add the chopped apples
and walnuts, close the lid and continue baking. For BB-HAC10, BB-PAC20 and
BB-PDC20 models, press START to resume kneading.
When baking completes, press CANCEL and
remove from pan. Allow cake to cool before slicing and serving.