Jasmine Rice with Tofu, Broccoli and Edamame
Ingredients (serves 4)
To Cook in the Rice Cooker:
- 2 cups (rice measuring cup) jasmine rice
- Water to fill to water level 2 for "JASMINE" or 2-1/2 cups (rice measuring cup)
- 1 tsp. salt
To Prepare Separately:
- 4 Tbsp. soy sauce or tamari soy sauce
- 2 tsp. rice vinegar
- 1 (12 oz.) pkg. firm tofu, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup broccoli florets, cooked, cut in bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup edamame, shelled, cooked
- 1 cup cherry tomato, quartered
Measure rice accurately using the measuring cup that came with your rice cooker. Place in the inner cooking pan.
Add water to
the corresponding water level for “JASMINE,” or as listed in the
ingredients. Add salt to the inner cooking pan and stir well with rice using the rice spatula. Cook the rice using the "JASMINE" (if
available), or the “WHITE RICE” setting.
While rice cooks, combine soy sauce or tamari, rice vinegar and cubed tofu in a bowl. Allow tofu to marinade in soy sauce mixture
Place broccoli and edamame in separate microwave safe containers and warm in microwave oven until hot to touch–about 1 minute on high.
When rice completes cooking, gently fluff the rice with rice spatula, and spread out onto a large plate.
When the rice is cool to the touch, add tomatoes and heated vegetables to rice. Transfer marinated tofu to another bowl and add the soy sauce mixture to rice and gently combine until rice is coated with sauce. Finally, add the marinated tofu to rice and gently toss to combine.
Place into warm bowls and serve while hot.
Optional: This dish may be refrigerated and eaten cold as well.