Ingredients (serves 4):
To Cook in the Rice Cooker:
- 2 cups (rice measuring cup) short or medium grain white rice
- Water to fill to water level 2 for "WHITE RICE"
To Prepare Separately:
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 cup kimchi, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 10 oz. canned tuna in oil, drained
- 4 Tbsp. kimchi pickling liquid
- salt to taste
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds
- 8 sheets Korean seaweed (2.5” x 3”), cut in strips
- 2 stalk green onion, cut into thin slices
Measure the rice accurately using the measuring cup
that came with your rice cooker. Rinse rice until water clears, drain and place in
the inner cooking pan.
Add water to the corresponding water level for “WHITE RICE.” Cook the rice using the “REGULAR” (if available), or "WHITE RICE" setting.
When rice cooker begins to count down for completion, heat vegetable oil in a large sauté pan and sauté chopped kimchi
for 2 minutes.
Mix in tuna and kimchi
pickling liquid and continue to cook for 2 more minutes.
When rice completes cooking, add rice to the pan and mix with other ingredients evenly. Adjust taste with salt and pepper.
Make four sunny side up eggs. Portion fried rice to warm plates and top each plate with egg. Sprinkle sesame seeds, Korean seaweed and green onion.