Ingredients (serves 2-4):
For Spinach Mixture:
- 4.5 oz. fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 bunch watercress, stems trimmed
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. green onions, minced
- 6 Tbsp. (3 oz.) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. tarragon leaves, dried
- 1/2 tsp. fennel seeds, ground
- 1/2 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 12 fresh oysters
- 1/8 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Coarse salt, as needed
- Lemon wedges
*This recipe was developed for the Fish Roaster (EF-VPC40). Adjustments may be necessary when using other models.
Boil water in a pot (not included in ingredients list). Blanch spinach and watercress, squeeze out water then chop finely. In a bowl, place spinach and watercress, and remaining ingredients under “Spinach Mixture” and combine well.
Shuck oysters, discard the top shell. Top each oyster with 2-1/2 teaspoons of spinach mixture and sprinkle Parmesan cheese.
Add water to the Fish Roaster’s water tray, set rack to the standard height and preheat for 5 minutes.
Place oysters on the rack and roast for 6-8 minutes or until cooked through. Cheese will brown and sauce will sizzle. Repeat until all oysters are cooked.
Arrange oysters on coarse salt on a plate and serve with lemon wedges. Enjoy immediately while hot.