Ingredients (serves 4-6):
To Cook in the Rice Cooker
- 1 cup (rice measuring cup) long grain white rice
to fill to water level 1 for “LONG GRAIN WHITE,” or 1-1/4 cups (rice measuring cup)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
To Add to Cooked, Cooled Rice:
- 2 Tbsp. sundried tomatoes, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes, liquid squeezed and roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp. capers, roughly chopped
- 6 fillets anchovies, finely chopped
- 10 pitted black and green olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach and/or baby arugula leaves
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
To Add Before Serving:
- 1 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
Measure rice accurately using the measuring cup that came with your rice cooker. Rinse rice quickly once, drain and place in the inner cooking pan.
Add water to the corresponding
water level for “LONG GRAIN WHITE,” or as listed in the ingredients. Add salt to the inner cooking pan and mix well from the bottom. Cook the rice using the “LONG GRAIN WHITE” (if
available), or the “MIXED” setting.
When rice completes cooking, gently fluff the rice with rice spatula and spread out onto a large plate. Refrigerate to cool, about 30 minutes.
When rice cools, add remaining ingredients except lemon juice and toss gently.
Refrigerate for another 20-30 minutes for flavors to combine. Immediately before serving, add lemon juice and lightly toss to combine. Enjoy!