Ingredients (serves 3-4):
- 1 Tbsp. all purpose flour
- 8 oz. Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 8 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 oz. Emmentaler cheese, shredded
- 1 garlic clove, halved crosswise
- 1 cup dry white wine (Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling, etc.)
- French bread, pumpernickel bread, tortilla chips
- Blanched vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, asparagus)
- Raw vegetables (bell peppers)
*This recipe is ideal in the Gourmet d’Expert® Electric Skillet (EP-PBC10). It may be made in the larger EP-RAC50 model, but you may need to double the ingredients.
Cut the dippables into bite-size pieces, and arrange on a platter.
Place the cheese in a container and coat with flour.
Rub the surface of the pan with the garlic clove and discard. Turn the Gourmet d’Expert® Electric Skillet to 280°F, add the wine and bring to a gentle simmer (do not boil).
Turn the control lever to Keep Warm and add the cheese a handful at a time, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Cook and stir until the cheese is melted and creamy.
Place the dippables platter near the Gourmet d’Expert® Electric Skillet along with wooden skewers.
Spear the dippables with the skewers, and dip in the cheese to enjoy.
If the fondue becomes too thick, add wine 1 Tbsp. at a time. If it becomes thin, add more cheese.