Ingredients (serves 4-6):
To Cook in the Rice Cooker:
To Prepare Separately:
- 1 lb. fresh or frozen medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and cut in half length-wise (about 30 shrimps)
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. red onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced and cut in halves
- 2-4 red radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 stalk celery, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small fresh jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup tomato juice
- 1/4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
Prepare the shrimp. In a small bowl, place orange and lime juice and mix well. Soak the shrimp in the juice mixture and allow to “cook” - at least 1 hour.
In a separate bowl, combine all remaining ingredients except garnish. Refrigerate and allow to marinade for at least 30 minutes.
Measure rice accurately using the measuring cup that came with your rice cooker. Rinse rice quickly once, drain and place in the inner cooking pan.
to the corresponding water level for “JASMINE”, or as listed in the
ingredients. Add salt to the inner cooking pan and stir well with rice using the rice spatula. Cook the rice using the "JASMINE" (if available), or the “WHITE RICE” setting.
When rice completes cooking, gently fluff the rice with rice spatula, and spread onto a large plate to cool – about 30 minutes.
Combine the shrimp mixture with the vegetable mixture and mix well.
*This mixture may be prepared up to 1 day in advance.
When rice cools, divide 2/3 of the rice into wide glass bowls. Spoon the ceviche mixture evenly over rice. Add the remaining rice on top of the ceviche mixture and garnish each with avocado.