Ingredients (serves 2):
*This recipe was developed for Gourmet d'Expert® Electric Skillet (EP-RAC50). Adjustments may be necessary when using other models.
- 2.5 cups ichiban dashi (see here) or add 2 tsp. instant dashi + 2 cups water
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. mirin (Japanese sweet rice wine)
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 lb. pork, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch spinach, blanched and cut in 2-3" lengths
- 1/2 pkg. tofu, cut into 1-1/2” small blocks
4 oz. large oyster mushrooms, stems trimmed, cut into 2" pieces
- 1.5 cup soy milk, unsweetened
- 5 oz. bean sprouts
Place dashi, soy sauce, mirin, sugar and salt in the Gourmet d’Expert® Electric Skillet and set temperature to HIGH (480°F/250°C).
When the liquid reaches a boil, add pork, spinach, tofu and mushroom.
Skim off any scum that rises to the surface while the soup reboils.
Add soy milk to the skillet and turn down the heat to LOW (280°F/140°C). To prevent it from curdling, do not overheat soy milk. Add bean sprouts just before the soup reboils.
Set the skillet to KEEP WARM, take cooked ingredients from the pot and serve in small bowls. Enjoy!