Tangy Valencia Orange Gelatin
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 3-4 large Valencia or Navel oranges
- 1 envelope (7g) unflavored gelatin
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 oz. (60 mL) boiling water (212°F or 208°F)
- Cold water if necessary to make 1 cup (240 mL) of orange juice
- Ice water in separate container for chilling
- Four 3.3 oz. cups
Peel and segment one orange, cut into half inch pieces then set aside.
Squeeze all remaining oranges to make 1 cup (240 mL) of orange juice. If it is less than 1 cup, add water to make 1 cup.
In a medium bowl, place 3 Tbsp. of orange juice from the liquid you just made, sprinkle an envelope of gelatin and let stand 1 minute.
Add sugar to the bloomed gelatin, pour boiling water and stir until gelatin dissolves completely, about 3 minutes.
Add orange juice (liquid) from step 2 and orange pieces from step 1 to the bowl and mix well.
Place the bowl over ice water, stir and chill gelatin until it becomes slightly thick.
Pour mixture into jelly/pudding cups and refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours.
Remove the gelatin from the container and serve.