Tofu Jasmine Fragrant Rice
Ingredients (serves 4-6)
To Cook in the Rice Cooker:
- 3 cups (rice measuring cup) jasmine rice
- Water to fill to water level 3 for JASMINE or 3-3/4 cups (rice measuring cup)
- 1 tsp. salt
To Prepare Separately:
- 1 lb. firm tofu, drained, cut into bite sized cubes
- 1/4 cup gluten free soy sauce
- 3/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3/4 cup peanuts, roasted, unsalted
For Garnish (optional):
Measure rice accurately using the measuring cup that came with your rice cooker. Rinse rice quickly once and drain and place in the inner cooking pan.
water to the corresponding water level for “JASMINE,” or as listed in the
ingredients. Add salt to the inner cooking pan and stir well with rice using the rice spatula. Cook the rice using the “JASMINE” (if available), or “WHITE RICE” setting.
While rice cooks, combine tofu cubes and soy sauce in a bowl. Allow tofu to marinate in soy sauce. Chop cilantro, measure peanuts and cut lime wedges.
When rice completes cooking, gently fluff the rice with rice spatula. Gently fold in tofu, soy sauce, cilantro and peanuts.
Place into warm bowls and top with a lime wedge. Serve immediately.