Ingredients (serves 4):
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice (see here)
- 2 avocados, pitted, peeled, and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 8 oz. fresh sashimi quality tuna, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Salad or sprouts as garnish (optional)
You will need four 3-1/2” diameter ramekins.
Prepare the sushi rice as directed in the Sushi Rice recipe (see here).
Add lemon juice to cubed avocados.
Lay plastic wrap on the bottom of the ramekins.
Spread 1/4 of the avocados from step 2 in an even layer on the bottom of the ramekin.
Over avocado, spread about 2 ounces of cubed tuna.
Top with 1/2 cup of sushi rice.
Use the bottom of another ramekin to press the rice. Repeat steps 3 to 7 for all the ramekins.
Turn the ramekin upside down onto a plate, so the rice layer is on the bottom.
Serve garnished with salad or sprouts.