Ingredients (serves 4):
- 4 cups vegetable broth, low sodium or unsalted
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. sake (Japanese rice wine)
- 4 Tbsp. miso paste, red or white
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. ginger, grated
- 2 tsp. garlic, grated
- 2 carrots, sliced into 1/4" thick slices
- 4 stalks green onion, diagonally cut into 2-3" lengths
- 12-16 oz. frozen meatless meatballs
- 2 bunches green chard, stems removed, cut into 2-3" squares
- 5 oz. shiitake mushrooms, trim ends and cut into bite-sized pieces
- Salt, to taste
*This recipe was developed for Gourmet d'Expert® Electric Skillet (EP-PBC10). Adjustments may be necessary when using other models.
Place vegetable broth, soy sauce and sake in the Gourmet d’Expert® Electric Skillet.
In a small bowl, mix miso paste and sugar. Add in 4 tablespoons of the soy sauce mixture, and mix well until the paste has a slightly thin consistency. Add to the skillet and mix to dissolve.
Cover with lid. Set temperature to HIGH (430°F/220°C). When the soup reaches a boil, add ginger, garlic, carrot, green onions and meatless meatballs.
When the soup reaches a boil, skim the surface if needed and reduce heat to SIMMER (280°F/140°C). Cover with a lid and cook for 10 minutes.
Add green chard and shiitake mushroom, cover with lid and cook for an additional 6 minutes. Taste soup and adjust with salt if necessary.
Set skillet to KEEP WARM, take cooked ingredients from the skillet and serve.
This dish is also perfect to enjoy at-the-table. Place the Gourmet d’Expert® Electric Skillet at the center of the dining table, and guests can serve themselves! Enjoy!