Yin Yang Hot Pot: Sichuan Hot Pot
- 1/4 lb. thinly sliced pork
- 2 Tbsp. Shaoxing wine (Chinese rice wine)
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 pkg. (or enough for 3 cups) Sichuan hot pot base with spice package (spicy)
- 5 oz. nappa cabbage, cut into 2” width
- 1 bunch (2 oz.) komatsuna (Japanese mustard spinach), cut into 2” width
- 2.5 oz. shimeji mushroom, base removed
- 7 oz. tofu, cut into bite-sized pieces
*This recipe was developed for the Gourmet d’Expert® Electric Skillet for Yin Yang Hot Pot (EP-PFC20). Adjustments may be necessary when using other models.
In a small bowl, add sliced pork and Shaoxing wine. Mix to combine.
Place water into one side of the Deep Pan of Gourmet d’Expert® Electric Skillet for Yin Yang Hot Pot (EP-PFC20). Boil water while cooking another hot pot in the other side. Set temperature to HIGH.
*Be sure to add water or other liquids like soup stock to both sides when cooking with the Deep Pan. If one side is empty while cooking, the nonstick coating may be damaged by the heat.
When the water reaches a boil, add the hot pot base with spices and stir to dissolve.
Add sliced pork and the remaining ingredients, and turn down the heat to SIMMER. Skim off any scum that rises to the surface.
Take and enjoy ingredients as they cook!