The heat is on! But no worries, just let our Multicooker slow cook, tenderize and infuse your meal with fantastic flavor while you kick back and enjoy the rest of your summer. The best thing about slow cooking is being able to set it and forget it, step away from the kitchen for a while and multitask; or get back to just relaxing. Here are a couple of tempting recipes from our kitchen especially made for those of us who want to say, “Don’t rush me, I’m on vacation!”
1. Make lasagna with your Bolognese sauce—use a 9 x 9 in. baking dish and 6 uncooked lasagna pasta; also 12 oz. ricotta and 4 oz. mozzarella cheese. Chopped parsley to taste.
2. Boil and drain pasta. Preheat oven to 375°F. Spread 2 Tbsp. of Bolognese sauce at the bottom of the baking dish.
3. Layer the pasta on top, 1/3 of the Bolognese sauce, then 1/2 of the ricotta. Repeat process and end with a layer of pasta. Top with remaining sauce and mozzarella.
4. Cover with foil and bake 45 min. Remove the cover for last 10 min. to brown. Let rest for 15 min., slice lasagna into squares, and sprinkle parsley. Serves 4.
1. Make pot pies with your Goulash stew—use 4 oven safe ramekins or bowls; also 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry dough and 1 beaten egg.
2. Thaw the pastry dough and roll out into 12-inch square; cut into 4 equal smaller squares. Preheat oven to 375°F. Fill each ramekin with Goulash stew.
3. Cover top of ramekins with pastry and seal the dough around the ramekins’ edge. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Extremely hot when done! Handle with care and serve your Goulash Pot Pies for lunch or a snack.
People love to slow cook because it offers the convenience of cooking safely, without having to watch over it. Cooking at longer times also brings out the flavor of all the ingredients, bringing out the best in any recipe. Meats become more tender the longer you cook them, allowing you to use cheaper cuts that can save money. And where high heat levels can break down nutrients in foods, slow cooking at lower temperatures allows ingredients to retain their nutrients.
Did you know?
Trim fat from your meat before slow cooking. When frying, a lot of the fat drains away, but this won’t happen in a slow cooker, so trim it off to avoid an oily stew.
Choose cheap cuts
Some ideal choices are beef brisket, pork shoulder, lamb shoulder and chicken thighs. The meat flavor will really come through, so you can also use less meat and more veggies.
More about our Multicooker
For our meat lovers, we did a slow cooker special on Zojirushi 101 a couple years ago that might interest you. Take a look at those tender cuts!
Thinking of getting one?
Download our Recipe Book and see all the dishes you can cook using our Multicooker—not just for slow cooking but for searing, steaming, simmering, even tofu making!
Water Boilers & Warmers
Thanks to our Multicooker, you now have some downtime. Choose your next activity—how about couch potato? You’ll need a drink for the couch; and thanks to the temperature settings on your Water Boiler, you’ll never have to worry about preparing hot water for the perfect hot drink ever again.
Japanese Tea comes in a variety of flavors, each with its own ideal brewing temperature. With specific keep warm settings, you’re ready for any type.
Black Teas and other herbal teas will also brew to their maximum potential of flavor with the correct temperature of hot water.
Pourovers are not a problem with a Water Boiler. With hot water for brewing coffee always at your fingertips, a cup of java is ready for you anytime.
Instant Foods just need hot water. When you suddenly crave instant noodles, oatmeal or soup, you’ll never need to put the kettle on again.
Mugs & Bottles
So you’re more of a gym rat than a couch potato, and now you’re free to get out of the house. Whatever you decide to do, one of our vacuum insulated drink mugs or tumblers can bring the chill (or the hot) with you wherever you go. Not only will they keep your drinks fresh, you can look cool too.
Simple Mugs with screw tight lids are the no-nonsense way to bring hot or cold drinks to any activity or event, and they won’t take up too much space either.
Flip-and-Go bottles are ideal for hikes or walks when you don’t really want to carry anything else but your bottle. You can thank us later for the built-in handle.
Simple Tumblers don’t need lids. Just bring these anywhere you’d likely have a cup of coffee or iced tea. It’ll stay by your side and keeps fresher than glass.
Sports Drink Mugs are our newest stainless bottles that feature flip-top lids--perfect for ice cold sports drinks and all you gym rats.
Zojirushi 101 Subscribers!
Click on the link in your email to answer this issue’s survey and be entered to win our special prize!
If you have not yet registered, click the SUBSCRIBE button below to receive the next issue of Zojirushi 101 in your mailbox!