At the beginning of November, the holiday season becomes more lively as the weather becomes more chilly. We like to enjoy these cold autumn days by cozying up on the couch and watching movies, having long talks with our loved ones, or just curling up with a great book. Our favorite accessories for these activities? A comfortable blanket and a warm beverage.
Our Favorite Warm Fall Beverages
- Spiced Rooibos Tea: This caffeine-free herbal tea is rich in antioxidants and features an aromatic blend of ginger, cinnamon and orange. It’s rich in flavor and soothing to the soul.
- British Tea: If you’re in the mood for a warm milk tea, try our British tea recipe! In England, milk is added to lower the temperature of the tea to drink sooner, but also to sweeten and add richness to the beverage. For those that want a more refreshing cup of tea, substitute for lemon and honey to deepen the flavor profile.
- Oh So Soy Latte: If you’re looking for a dairy-substitute or a tea-alternative for your cozy evening – give this soy latte a try. Simply brew your favorite coffee or espresso and add in your milk-substitute, like soy milk!
- Hot Indian Lassi: Instead of milk, try a warm yogurt-based drink. A lassi is commonly enjoyed in India and can be sweet or salty. This recipe is for a warm, sweet variation of a traditional lassi, made with Greek yogurt and cardamom.
- Cold Buster Soothie: Feeling a little under the weather? Try our soothie, a beverage that aims to soothe the body and comfort your throat – and all you need is lemon, hot water and honey.
Share the Warmth
When we make larger batches of warm drinks for the whole family, we use the Zojirushi Glass Vacuum Carafe (AH-FAE10). The beautiful design of this product was inspired by Imono – traditional cast-iron products in the Japanese culture. Matte black accented with gold features an elegant contemporary spin to the classic aesthetic, making it a perfect addition for your home or office.
As it gets colder, we tend to all love reaching for a warm beverage for comfort. Thermal Carafes are great for keeping hot beverages at-the-ready, anywhere in your home. Its vacuum insulation provides superior heat retention, keeping your beverage hot on the inside, while the exterior stays cool to the touch. Just pour yourself a cup to enjoy a hot cuppa, anytime, anywhere.
A Closer Look
Have you ever looked inside your glass lined carafe or air pot and noticed a shimmer? It’s because between the 2 layers of glass, there is a silver plating. The plating helps reflect heat like a mirror, to improve heat retention. The high quality vacuum glass liner in all Zojirushi Glass Carafes provides excellent heat retention. Learn about different ways to prevent heat transfer here:
All Zojirushi vacuum glass liners are made in Japan, and use medical-grade borosilicate glass which not only provides superior heat retention, but also repels odors and stains! It’s also safe for food contact, and really easy to clean. If you’re interested in learning more about how glass liners are made, take a look at this fascinating video here: https://youtu.be/wvxX5DgoDxw
What’s your favorite autumn beverage? Are you planning on trying any of the recipes we shared today? Be sure to share your experience with us on social by tagging your photos on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram! #Zojirushi #ZoFan