As the summer wraps up, you know what that means – back to school! There are so many things to prepare, as the new school year begins, including keeping your student hydrated and refreshed throughout the day. With Zojirushi’s Stainless Flip-Open Mugs (SM-SR36E/48E/60E, SM-WR36E/48E/60E), your child will love taking a sip every chance they get, especially when they’re filled with tasty drinks. Today we share why our product of the month is an essential back-to-school item, as well as tips to maintain this mug to last for many school years to come. Let’s dive right in!
Meet Our Product of the Month
- Choose from 9 different colors: Yes, you heard that right! Start the school year off in style with any one of our attractive colors, including Mint, White, Silky Black, Matte Gold, and Pearl Pink for the SM-SR36E/48E/60E. If you’re looking for even more color options, the SM-WR36E/48E/60E comes in Mint, Cantaloup, Light Blue, and Dark Gray. The color choices help differentiate your child’s bottle from their siblings, your morning coffee, or even their classmates.
- Pick your size: The compact and ultra-lightweight mugs come in three different sizes, conveniently fitting in any backpack or schoolbag. Weighing between 6-9 oz. empty, these mugs are light as air. They come in 20, 16, and 12 oz. sizes so there is one that is just right for everyone. We find that the small bottles are great for younger children, while the larger bottles are perfect for on-the-go hydration on long school days or after-school sports.
- Designed for easy drinking: The 2-step lid releases at the click of a button and helps prevent excess condensation on the stopper from being flung as the lid opens. This protects other items in the child’s locker or backpack, as well as their desks as they move from class to class. Additionally, the air vent in the mouthpiece ensures that the flow of beverages will always be smooth, and the mouthpiece also completely disassembles for easy cleaning. It’s a win-win: no messes while drinking, no messes while cleaning!
- Safety Lock: Flip-open lids are convenient, but not when they accidentally open in your bag and spill your drink all over. Zojirushi’s flip-open lids have a safety lock, so even if something pushes against the open button, it will keep it from opening. The tight fitted lid also prevents spills and helps keep your drink hotter or colder.
- Superior vacuum insulation technology: Our mugs are made with high-quality 18/8 stainless steel and will keep your drinks hot or cold for hours. This is especially important if your child has afterschool activities and are craving a cold drink to quench their thirst. If they enjoy warmer beverages, for example before their choir debut, this mug will also support those temperature needs.
Pro Tips on Using and Maintaining Your Stainless Mug with a Flip-Open Lid
- Wide mouth opening: The large opening makes pouring drinks into the mug super easy and fits full-size ice cubes. This is great for busy parents who value every second when getting the kids ready in the morning.
- Nonstick interior: Makes cleaning and maintenance a breeze, while also keeping out stains and odors. And what’s more, all areas of our mugs that come into contact with your beverage are BPA-free.
- Keep Clean: Zojirushi lids are designed to disassemble for easy and thorough cleaning. The parts should be cleaned after every use with a soft sponge and a mild dish detergent. Then, they should be allowed to air dry fully before reassembling. This will keep the lid as hygienic as possible and ready for use!
- Open the Lid All the Way: The flip-open lid has a spring at the hinge, allowing the lid to open completely, and then stay in-place, so it doesn’t close on your nose when drinking. If you’re holding your bottle towards the top when opening the lid, your hand can be obstructing the lid from opening completely, so stay clear of the opening lid.
Delicious Drinks to Add Flavor to the School Year
One of the best ways to prep your child for the school day is by making sure they’re hydrated, whether they’re studying diligently in the classroom or participating in their extracurricular activities. Of course, water is our number one recommendation, but if your child needs more creative ways to stay hydrated, these easy and nutritious recipes will have them reaching for their Zojirushi stainless mug to refresh themselves throughout the day.
- Green Tea White Virgin Sangria: A fruity and delicious drink that can be enjoyed by the whole family and a great way to keep your child cool on a warm day.
- Cold Buster Soothie: Go back to the basics with a little warm water, lemon juice and honey to add a soothing touch to any day as we ease into autumn.
- Fresh Fruit Tea: Use your child’s favorite fruits, whatever you have on hand that’s in season, or any of our recommendations. This versatile tea has a sweet and delicious aroma, that’s a fun and festive way to work on your child’s hydration.
Did you try any of these recipes for back to school? Which mug is your favorite color? Be sure to share your experience with us on social by tagging your photos on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram! #Zojirushi #ZoFan #ZoRice